Tuesday 25 September 2012

Shirt Parade Day 14






I've been doing this for about three weeks now and this is the first new T shirt that I've acquired in that time.

Straight from either the Detroit gig on Saturday or the Chicago gig on Sunday, this was placed in my grubby paws when I got home from uni at stupid o'clock last night.

This shirt is perfect for me on so many levels. Firstly, my hero has always been Joe Strummer, and there are plenty more t shirts in his memory on their way. Secondly, there are very few bands I respect and love more than the Street Dogs. Live, they have very few rivals as far as I'm concerned. One of the most solid touring bands out there. Head and shoulders above most of the dross. Thirdly, this is one of my favourite songs.

I like to think that in my own little way I'm still keeping the General's Boombox playing. Loud and shouty. Just as Joe would have wanted.

PS Happy Birthday Tobe!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment