Thursday 21 April 2011

The current day job…

So I haven’t just come to California with a hanky on a stick and a cat for companionship, I’ve lined up a number of things to keep me occupied whilst I’m here. My Spanish lessons start next week. I’ll keep you posted.

Last week however I commenced an internship with the League of Women Voters of California, working as a Communications Assistant. So far it’s been a mixture of editing web copy, social media comms and ghost writing, something I’m relishing.

The organisation is an unusual choice for a campaigner as the League is strictly non-partisan, not backing any candidate or party. It provides information so that voters can make their own minds up about issues. Something you may guess I feel strongly about. They encourage voter registration and explain the democratic process. It’s quickly becoming obvious that it's a very good organisation for learning the many levels of California government and the mechanisms for influencing them. A perfect deep end to be thrown into.

Plus, I get to work here, how sick is that?

iphone april 11 005

No comments:

Post a Comment