Friday 14 May 2010

Losing the V Plates

Ok hands up, how many of you thought this was going to be revelatory story about sex? Well unlucky my son, this is the first entry of An EastEnd Girl: musings from E3, and thus my blogging virginity has now been taken. But who knows, keep reading and you might learn something.

It's a pretty strange world that we live in. We've just entered into a new era in government; a coalition no less, of two parties who have completely opposing views on key areas of policy. No matter what the next five years are, I can guarantee they won't be boring. Having lived my political life firmly under the auspices of a Labour government, life in opposition will take an adjustment. As a relative newcomer to the Labour Party, and indeed party politics, I'll be hopefully be able to share an insight not entrenched in HQ rhetoric. That's the plan anyway.

I also plan to lift the lid on London's punk scene as I know it; the music, the politics, the lifestyle. I'm not proclaiming to be an expert, or even a representative; as Sid once sang it, I'm doing it My Way. I tend to go to a lot of Cock Sparrer gigs, not only do I love the music but the band are my family. Literally. Thought I'd get that front and centre as you'll see a fair amount of references to them. I also want to give you an insight into the Oi!, Skinhead, punk world - and more importantly, show you that not all punks and skins are racists.

I spend a lot of my non-work time engaged and involved in campaigning for things I believe in. I'm going to use this blog as a way to showcase different activist groups and the things they are fighting for. Pay attention, you might learn something.

So to finish the first ever musings from E3, here are 5 random facts you might not know about me:
1. At one point I had 93 pairs of trainers. Then I got a conscience.
2. I can do the splits.
3. I won the Weakest Link, despite not knowing what 444 divided by 4 was.
4. My childhood hero was Miss Piggy.
5. Untuned radios drive me crazy, and not in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment